Fuck you, Yahoo
Lots42
2011-08-18 11:57:44 UTC
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
surferelf
2011-08-18 19:38:21 UTC
You should to revert to IE 3.01. That would show them!
Mr. Stabby
2011-08-18 20:22:00 UTC
Post by surferelf
Post by Lots42
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
You should to revert to IE 3.01. That would show them!
Or upvert to Gmail.

What version of IE do you have? I think Yahoo! isn't able to
correctly detect IE9 in some cases.
Lots42

IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Dr. HotSalt
2011-08-19 06:03:00 UTC
Post by Lots42
Post by Mr. Stabby
Post by surferelf
Post by Lots42
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
You should to revert to IE 3.01. That would show them!
Or upvert to Gmail.
What version of IE do you have?  I think Yahoo! isn't able to
correctly detect IE9 in some cases.
I use Firefox.
I should hope so.
Post by Lots42
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Sig!

Dr. HotSalt
Bill Marcum
2011-08-19 04:24:22 UTC
Post by Lots42
Post by Mr. Stabby
Post by surferelf
Post by Lots42
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
You should to revert to IE 3.01. That would show them!
Or upvert to Gmail.
What version of IE do you have?  I think Yahoo! isn't able to
correctly detect IE9 in some cases.
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
And of course, apt-get is better for that.
--
Practical people would be more practical if they would take a little
more time for dreaming.
-- J. P. McEvoy
Doctroid
2011-08-19 14:34:40 UTC
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
--
Sig available on request.

- Doctroid
Lots42
2011-08-20 01:15:39 UTC
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.

It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
TimC
2011-08-20 06:16:58 UTC
On 2011-08-20, Lots42 (aka Bruce)
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.
It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
As it so happens, I'll be taking my 27speed to the bike festival
tomorrow to see whether I can pick up a unicycle[1].

(If I find a mountain bike instead, I won't be able to fit it in my
panniers)

[1] Because I'm not clumsy enough already on 2 wheels.
--
TimC
Jun 26 14:08:17 kernel: troll-o-meter (pid 15134) killed: memory exhausted
madge
2011-08-20 06:39:40 UTC
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.
It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
But you get to dress like a Clown, WAIT doesn't everyone wear their Clowns
clothes when they surf the interweb with Chrome.

Madge's bow tie stops spinning and red nose fades into the background .....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3759845/USA-Red-Nose-Day.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=TV

http://www.madge.tk/
Jared
2011-08-20 07:14:35 UTC
Post by madge
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.
It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
But you get to dress like a Clown, WAIT doesn't everyone wear their
Clowns clothes when they surf the interweb with Chrome.
Madge's bow tie stops spinning and red nose fades into the background .....
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3759845/USA-Red-Nose-Day.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=TV
--
http://www.madge.tk/
There are some serious unicycles out there:

http://tinyurl.com/3mo7fca
Jared
Jared
2011-08-20 07:22:53 UTC
Post by Jared
Post by madge
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.
It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
But you get to dress like a Clown, WAIT doesn't everyone wear their
Clowns clothes when they surf the interweb with Chrome.
Madge's bow tie stops spinning and red nose fades into the background .....
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3759845/USA-Red-Nose-Day.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=TV
--
http://www.madge.tk/
http://tinyurl.com/3mo7fca
Ok, that's not a unicycle. THIS is a unicycle:

http://tinyurl.com/3nz7pb6

(Google: Belgian Unimotorcycle Society)
Jared
Lots42
2011-08-20 09:34:46 UTC
Post by Jared
http://tinyurl.com/3mo7fca
--
Jared
Is this for real? I thought it was just on the Teen Titants cartoon.
Jared
2011-08-20 10:39:56 UTC
Post by Lots42
Post by Jared
http://tinyurl.com/3mo7fca
--
Jared
Is this for real? I thought it was just on the Teen Titants cartoon.
It's basically a type of Segway. And I didn't realize when I posted it
that it actually has two wheels, side by side.
Jared
Doctroid
2011-08-22 15:59:05 UTC
In article
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.
It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
Have you ever used Chrome?

Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
--
Sig available on request.

- Doctroid
madge
2011-08-22 21:12:28 UTC
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
In article
Post by Lots42
I use Firefox.
IE is only useful for downloading Firefox.
Not true. It can also download Chrome.
I fail to understand why you would.
It'd be like taking a ten speed to go purchase a unicycle.
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
OOH! SHINY!!
http://www.madge.tk/
Lots42
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Jared
2011-08-23 08:14:20 UTC
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
--
Sig available on request.
- Doctroid
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
Jared
Shiro Akaishi
2011-08-23 11:27:27 UTC
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
--
Sig available on request.
- Doctroid
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
I just wish the chrome version of adblock actually blocked ads instead
of loading and then hiding them. I use an adblocker pretty much
primarily as a security measure and chromes implementation defeats that.

-ak
David DeLaney
2011-08-23 11:55:47 UTC
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
WE MUST NOT PERMIT
THE EXISTENCE OF A CRAP GAP

Dave "keep your laser handy" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from ***@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Adam Funk
2011-08-25 07:18:46 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
WE MUST NOT PERMIT
THE EXISTENCE OF A CRAP GAP
ITYM "MIND TEH CRAP"?
--
I heard that Hans Christian Andersen lifted the title for "The Little
Mermaid" off a Red Lobster Menu. [Bucky Katt]
Jared
2011-08-25 08:59:09 UTC
Post by Adam Funk
Post by David DeLaney
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
WE MUST NOT PERMIT
THE EXISTENCE OF A CRAP GAP
ITYM "MIND TEH CRAP"?
Seriously, every week they come out with a new version of Firefox, which
has a noticeably worse UI experience and breaks all my extensions.

I think some people have become monomaniacs about bringing the version
number to parity with IE.
Jared
Adam Funk
2011-08-25 20:21:40 UTC
Post by Jared
Seriously, every week they come out with a new version of Firefox, which
has a noticeably worse UI experience and breaks all my extensions.
Install the "MR Tech Toolkit" extension and disable "add-on
compatibility checking".

http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/
Post by Jared
I think some people have become monomaniacs about bringing the version
number to parity with IE.
I can't think of a better explanation.
--
By dint of plentiful try...catch constructs throughout our code base,
we are sometimes able to prevent our applications from aborting. We
position". [Verity Stob]
Seebs
2011-08-25 20:42:17 UTC
Post by Adam Funk
Post by Jared
I think some people have become monomaniacs about bringing the version
number to parity with IE.
I can't think of a better explanation.
Version number parity with Chrome.

-s
--
Copyright 2011, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-***@seebs.net
surferelf
2011-08-26 12:48:34 UTC
Post by Seebs
Post by Adam Funk
Post by Jared
I think some people have become monomaniacs about bringing the version
number to parity with IE.
I can't think of a better explanation.
Version number parity with Chrome.
"It's the same as Chrome's, but since you can't actually see it anymore,
you'll just have to take our word for it."
Adam Funk
2011-08-27 13:25:03 UTC
Post by Jared
Seriously, every week they come out with a new version of Firefox, which
has a noticeably worse UI experience and breaks all my extensions.
I think some people have become monomaniacs about bringing the version
number to parity with IE.
...and there's a problem with cookie leakage.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/25/cookie_leak_bug_hits_gov_uk/
--
No right of private conversation was enumerated in the Constitution.
I don't suppose it occurred to anyone at the time that it could be
prevented. [Whitfield Diffie]
Mark Edwards
2011-08-27 14:41:02 UTC
Post by Adam Funk
Post by Jared
Seriously, every week they come out with a new version of Firefox, which
has a noticeably worse UI experience and breaks all my extensions.
...and there's a problem with cookie leakage.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/25/cookie_leak_bug_hits_gov_uk/
It's those damn alcohol sugar sweeteners.

Mark Edwards
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request
Adam Funk
2011-08-29 19:52:46 UTC
Post by Mark Edwards
Post by Adam Funk
...and there's a problem with cookie leakage.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/25/cookie_leak_bug_hits_gov_uk/
It's those damn alcohol sugar sweeteners.
ISTR reports a few years ago of "anal leakage" following
overconsumption of indigestible (no calories!) fats & oils. It
should've occurred to someone that edible mineral oil had been used
for over a century as a "stool lubricant".
--
And remember, while you're out there risking your life and limb
through shot and shell, we'll be in be in here thinking what a
sucker you are. [Rufus T. Firefly]
Matthew L Martin
2011-08-29 23:52:16 UTC
Post by Adam Funk
Post by Mark Edwards
Post by Adam Funk
...and there's a problem with cookie leakage.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/25/cookie_leak_bug_hits_gov_uk/
It's those damn alcohol sugar sweeteners.
ISTR reports a few years ago of "anal leakage" following
overconsumption of indigestible (no calories!) fats& oils. It
should've occurred to someone that edible mineral oil had been used
for over a century as a "stool lubricant".
"Marketing" and "intelligent" do not often travel together in well
crafted English sentences.

Matthew (Remember, GM tried to sell a Nova in Latin America)

<http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp>
--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Glenn Knickerbocker
2011-08-27 15:52:52 UTC
Post by Adam Funk
...and there's a problem with cookie leakage.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/25/cookie_leak_bug_hits_gov_uk/
I expect the cookies at .gov.uk have been plenty soggy for some time now.

¬R
madge
2011-08-25 13:39:32 UTC
Post by Adam Funk
Post by David DeLaney
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
WE MUST NOT PERMIT
THE EXISTENCE OF A CRAP GAP
ITYM "MIND TEH CRAP"?
Damn!! Can't go direct from Bank Station ---> Mornington Crescent

Madge suggests Tottenham Court Road and refers to this
http://www.modern-railways.com/latestnews/?p=266

Foiled again Moriaty!!
http://www.madge.tk/
TimC
2011-08-24 02:17:51 UTC
On 2011-08-23, Jared (aka Bruce)
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
Opera is catching up too. Internot Exploder caught up many moons ago.
--
TimC
Octopuses don't like astro turf much. That's a *great* piece of trivia
-- Lloyd Gilbert in AFAFDA
madge
2011-08-24 16:27:57 UTC
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:17:51 +0100, TimC
On 2011-08-23, Jared (aka Bruce)
Post by Jared
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
Yes and Yes. It's crap
Firefox is rapidly closing the gap.
Opera is catching up too. Internot Exploder caught up many moons ago.
Opera has started to pee me off with the Opera Unite stuff. When I first
used opera 2.12 in Win3.1 1996 it was Sweet but slowly over the years they
have built "THE SUCK" into it!!
--
=*==**===***====****=====*****=====****====***==**=*
http://www.madge.tk/ <-- A really badly designed website
MadgE
Doctroid
2011-08-23 13:26:54 UTC
In article
Post by Lots42
Post by Doctroid
Have you ever used Chrome?
Do you actually know anything about Chrome?
--
Sig available on request.
- Doctroid
Yes and Yes. It's crap
IS NOT
--
Sig available on request.

- Doctroid
pete
2011-08-18 23:50:17 UTC
Post by Lots42
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
You can't get the latest virus
without the latest software.
pete
k***@gmail.com
2016-10-16 13:11:35 UTC
yahoo is the fuckin worst they are so fuck-up very bad web sight
i***@hotmail.com
2018-03-17 12:29:53 UTC
Fuck you Yahoo you are now forever in my computer FUCK!!!
Odenton Stamp Society (O.S.S.)
2018-03-18 18:12:46 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Lots42
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
Fuck you Yahoo you are now forever in my computer FUCK!!!
They need to actually make an "internet exploder" for that.
Leo "My flute, it's full of gods!" Sgouros
o***@gmail.com
2019-05-07 23:15:03 UTC
can you turn of the yahoo!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY CHROME BACK YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
z***@gmail.com
2019-05-16 10:09:59 UTC
I hate yahoo, that's terrible.
A Waffle
2021-03-02 15:19:10 UTC
Post by z***@gmail.com
Post by Lots42
Yahoo Email would really, really, pretty please like me to update my
browser to the latest in Internet Explorer. No thanks.
I hate yahoo, that's terrible.
for some reason when i search in google it searches in yahoo